Kappa Alpha Theta’s Eva Highburg was named the 2018 Pi Kappa Phi Rose Queen during the annual talent show that concluded the weeks-long War of Roses competition.
More than 500 people attended the annual capstone talent event for the Ability Experience, the national outreach program of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, in Loeb Playhouse.
More than $6,000 was raised through the War of Roses competition that featured 14 campus sororities and spanned several weeks. Events included:
- Sheet sign competition
• Rose Bowl, a flag football championship
• Second Chance Prom for adults with disabilities in conjunction with the Arc of Tippecanoe and Best Buddies-Purdue
• Contestant visits to special needs classes at Lafayette Jefferson High School
• T-shirt sales
• Talent show ticket sales
• Fund raising
Events started on Feb. 17, when nearly 200 people turned out for the prom at the Recreational Sports Center and continued at a March 3 at the Turf Recreation Sports Center.
Other winners at the March 22 related to the talent show included:
- Emily Ware, Phi Mu, first place talent show
- Kate Giglio, Delta Gamma, second place,
- Mia Robben, Sigma Kappa, third place
Pi Kappa Phi would like to thank all the sororities who participated and made the annual event such as success:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Delta Delta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Phi Sigma Rho
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha