The fall 2019 pledge class of 29 men hails from seven states with a wide variety of majors.
Members of the pledge class come from as far away as the states of California and Washington, but also come from Connecticut and New Jersey.
The group participated in a bid dinner on Sept. 5 at the chapter house. They will be formally inducted into the chapter on Sept. 8, prior to an off-campus afternoon retreat.
Predictably, the predominant major is engineering as 10 of the 29 are starting in that discipline. Three of them hope to major in aerospace engineering with one them also hoping to go to medical school.
Exploratory studies, where students are still deciding on a major, ranked second in popularity within the group as five are in that area. Four students are majoring in technology – from flight to construction management to mechanical engineering technology.
There are two each in economics, management, science as well as health and kinesiology. And one is in liberal arts.
Nineteen men come from the State of Indiana, three from Illinois and two each from Ohio and Washington. Then one each comes from New Jersey, California and Connecticut.
The new pledge class includes:
• Christopher Augustinovicz, Pendleton, Indiana, exploratory studies
• Jake Baker, Carmel, Indiana, first year engineering
• Cam Bolling, Fishers, Indiana, exploratory studies
• Will Copeland, Brownsburg, Indiana, exploratory studies
• Leo Dunbar, Westfield, Indiana, construction management
• Bennet Ely, Westfield, Indiana, selling and sales
• Neal Freeman, Summit, New Jersey, mechanical engineering
• Vince Giglio, Schaumburg, Illinois, marketing
• Michael Graham, Bellevue, Washington, aviation
• Joe Joyce, Fishers, Indiana, exploratory studies
• Mason Habecker, Fishers, Indiana, marketing
• Elliot Hanni, Fort Wayne, Indiana, kinesiology
• Matt Lange, Seattle, Washington, mechanical engineering
• Jack Lawrence, Westfield, Indiana, computer science
• James McBride, West Lafayette, Indiana, economics & finance
• Michael McGovern, Mount Prospect, Illinois, bioengineering
• Logan McGrath, Downers Grove, Illinois, aerospace engineering
• Alex Moore, Speedway, Indiana, economics
• John Nigh, Fishers, Indiana, mechanical engineering technology
• Josh Norton, Seymour, Connecticut, aerospace engineering/pre-med
• Garrett Oeth, Speedway, Indiana, kinesiology
• Zach Pferrer, Carmel, Indiana, construction management
• Elliott Schmittenberg, Perrysburg, Ohio, mechanical engineering
• Jacob Schneider, Greenfield, Indiana, chemical engineering
• Calvin Whetstone, Brownsburg, Indiana, exploratory studies
• Adam Wisniewski, Munster, Indiana, first year engineering
• Jack Wagner, New Albany, Indiana, industrial engineering
• Alex Wu, Los Altos, California, data science
• Brandon Yosick, Bryan, Ohio, industrial design